Evolon® inspires! It feels like cotton mouldmade paper, but it’s nylon! Rethink Your Art.
Read our blog post on this paper.
Evolon® AP is the next generation of non-woven microfiber paper, and it loves printmaking and painting.
- Evolon®AP can be used like canvas. Doesn’t need to be primed since linseed oil won’t hurt it. There are no layers to worry about. Foolproof for stretching. Never sags.
- Evolon®AP can be misted with a spray bottle to emulsify a dry medium. Then you can even draw on it.
- Evolon®AP dries flat. Does not stretch and maintains perfect registration.
- Even varied plate sizes leave no plate marks. Save on copper.
- It dampens instantly but with some inks prints well also dry. Clay monoprinting favorite.
- It loves ink no matter what plate you serve it on – intaglio, litho, letterpress, monoprint.
- It can blot up to 5 times its weight of water. Perfect for dampening Japanese papers.
- Comes up to 80” wide, one mile long. Steam roller prints or murals anyone?
- Always dries back rapidly and absolutely flat. However if you wring it when wet or launder it, it will turn from a sheet into a soft fabric you can sew. Foam roll it with a fabric dye or tint it to any color.
- Evolon®AP is archival, inert, UV resistant, tear proof and dimensionally stable.
- Available in 168gsm, 98gsmand 58gsm. Evolon® AP is pure polyester and pure nylon and nothing else. No plasticizers, no additives, no fillers.
- Evolon®AP is a hi-tech nonwoven split microfiber sheet with worldwide patented technology.
- Evolon®AP allows you to gallery wrap your prints. No matte, no glass, no fuss.