Methyl Cellulose is a neutral pH, water reversible adhesive that drys clear. Use for repair, gluing end sheets and general archival adhesive applications. Great for long term stability. Excellent for use in repairs, bookbinding, art construction and hinging. Reversible with cold water.
(No preservatives = One Time For Individual Use)
1. Add one rounded tablespoon of methyl cellulose powder to 1/2 cup distilled water. Stir, and let stand for several hours.
2. Thin to the consistency of mayonnaise with distilled water.
It keeps for several weeks and does not require refrigeration.
Makes One Quart:
1. Using a one quart container, sprinkle 5 tablespoons of methyl cellulose
powder into one cup of very hot water. Stir briskly to prevent lumps.
2. Once the powder is thoroughly dispersed, add enough cold water to make one quart.
3. Let stand several hours, overnight if possible.
4. To thin, add several drops of water, mix, and let stand.
5. When ready to use, pour a small amount into a separate container for active use. Cover and store the main supply separately to prevent contamination or spoiling.